.

.

Thursday, May 24, 2012



Some DIY projects I did when my daughter Natalie was born.  


I bought her this whole bedroom set and it came with the diaper holder.  I ended up not using it so I thought I would put it to good use.  I took it apart and refused the material.  I got this lamp from the DI for like $2 and upholstered this fabric on the lampshade to match her comforter and crib skirt.  I cut off the frills and added it to the base of the lamp shade to give it a girly look.  The finishing touch was to add the ribbon bow on top. 

It turned out really well I think.

Another piece of the diaper holder.  The theme was the ballerina bear and so I cut out this bear from the diaper holder and framed it.  I also bought this frame for about $2 from the DI.  It works really well with the theme of her room.





I love little animals for a nursery.  So i bought the $1 wooden frames from Michaels and covered it with scrapbooking paper.  Modgepodged it all over.  I covered the cardboard inlay with light pink scrapbooking paper and glued on these little wooden animals I found.  They were really cheap.  I added ribbon for hang in to make them girly.


Closer look.


I did a similar thing to this frame.  Same $1 frames from Michaels and same scrapbook paper but I added the wooden phrase princess and some other animals to it.  I ended up putting "I am a Child of God" in the middle and have it on her book shelf.  It turned out really well.


Here is a plaque I made from wood.  I modgepodged it again with scrapbooking paper and pink paint.  I had these cardboard sticker letter that i put on to spell her name and added some ribbon for that girly look.



I love making bows for her and I needed a place to put them.  This one was really easy.  I painted a large wooden N and added some ribbon detailing. I glued these long thick pieces of ribbon from the bottom to hang the bows from. 






The finished product





No comments:

Post a Comment