.

.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Some wood crafts that I picked up for the season

Fall blocks

I bought them unfinished form DIYwoodcrafts and they send you the vinyl.  I have a cricut but with being pregnant it was just way easier to have them sent to me then buy the vinyl and set everything up. They had them modgepodged with scrapbooking paper on the site, but I decided to paint them instead in some of my favorite fall colors.  I LOVE fall!


I also bought an unfinished turkey, but changed it a ton from what they had on the site.  


I painted the feathers of the turkey my favorite fall colors

And I painted the body of the turkey a nice fall brown and then tied some raffia around the neck.

I then made a separate boy from some left over raffia I had

I bought this scarecrow from the dollar store and took it apart and used the material.  I loved how thin it was and I loved the colors and patterns.  It would work perfect.


i cut out little square sections

And then pasted them on the ends of the wings with mode podge to give some cute call detail.

I then painted the face of the turkey and cute out a section for the body in the same kind of material

The three parts

I then used a hot glue gun and attached the boy to the neck


The finished product.

My first attempt at making a wool wreath.  Saw the idea on Pinterest 


I just bought a foam wreath from Michaels and some wool in a nice fall orange. I wrapped the yarn around the wreath. This was definitely a bit time consuming.  Did it one night while watching TV once my daughter was asleep. 

I then found this cute 'Happy Halloween' wood piece in the children's craft section.  I painted it in some cute Halloween colors


I then attached a black piece of felt to the back of the 'Happy Halloween' part and glued the the wood section to the wreath.  I found these cute wooden pumpkin and fall leaf that I glued on to the bottom.  I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt.  Second attempt will be a Christmas wreath.



No comments:

Post a Comment